.

Friday, October 21, 2011

All Roads Lead You Back Home...

As the old saying goes, "all roads always lead you back home".  The Cranky Queen can definitely agree with that...My saying is "no matter how far in this big world I may roam...Tallulah, LA will always be Home Sweet Home!"  And less than a week ago, I followed this Community Coffee truck...to home... ( a sure sign that you are in the South)
"I wish I was in the land of cotton...olde times here are not forgotten...look away, look away, look away...Dixie Land!"  The sign & motto of my home town where my Daddy & Mamma still live~Tallulah, LA
A glimpse into my home town & why the road of life always leads me back...this is the house where I was raised...precious memories whisper in the walls of this 1960's ranch-style home on Eureka Street.
A block away, this alligator enjoyed basking in the sun on the banks of the Brushy Bayou.
The Brushy Bayou winds its way through the length of the town...years ago, little white bridges crossed the water allowing residence to walk from one side to the other...long gone, but the Christmas trees still light up the weekend after Thanksgiving each year casting their shadows on the muddy water. Ducks paddling around while turtles sun on old logs...

So What Is So Mesmerizing About My Home Town?  It's the small things that really bring out the fondness & make me long for home...
Pink Oleander...deadly but beautiful
Cattails...found in many ditches and swampy areas...
Huge oak trees that line the streets & give shade to the most hot and humid of days...
 
How many places can you see a magnolia tree & a cypress tree growing side by side? Only in the South!
 
I don't have to state the obvious! We love the  
                                       New Orleans Saints & the LSU Tigers!
 The Courthouse that stands proud in the center of town...
Long gone are the bottled Coca-Colas...but the historic building still stands...
I couldn't resist a snapshot of this old sign...the motel is still open, but the restaurant where I ate many meals...is only a concrete sidewalk...I ate the best chicken fried steak here!




The First Baptist Church of Tallulah...I was baptized here in 1975...Gave my high school graduation speech here in 1984...Married here in 1988...I love how its image reflects in the bayou...








But the number one reason that I make the 5 hour trip home so often is for my parents. If I have one wish in life...it is to cherish the moments spent with love ones....This post is for my wonderful Father & Mother...STAY CALM & HOLD ON TO LIFE'S PRECIOUS MEMORIES! Tiffany






1 comment:

  1. What a lovely and moving post Your Highness....(well except for that alligator - it would have definitely got me "moving," but not in a "lovely" way!! YIKES!!) You come from a most beautiful place - and from beautiful people obviously....So glad you have wonderful memories to hang on to - and do....Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete