.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Walking In His Shoes...

The Cranky Queen has the most wonderful friend. Talented... Magazine published...Beautiful blog and Etsy store.  Her name is Shari Replogle & her mixed media creations are contagious! See for yourself...
Tiffany met Shari during the Country Living Show in Atlanta, GA ~Fall of 2010. We have remained blog friends.  Visit her at Plays With Paper
Cranky Queen's Story~ "When my home town's Relay for Life Committee decided to honor my father this year, I asked Shari to create a "Walk A Mile In Her Shoes" charm titled "HOPE"...
 That very day, Shari emailed me back saying she would be honored to create the charm for me to wear during the walk.  In days, the package arrived with a sweet note of condolence & friendship.  Shari would not allow me to pay her. Her generosity cannot be summed up in words.  Her gift not only gives me hope, but others as well.  She is a special lady!
From left to right:  Chuck Ervin (my brother), Emily Ruth Ervin (my Mamma) & Tiffany Ervin Steers (Cranky Queen)
Daddy lost his battle with cancer on December 9th, 2011, but his memory lives on in our hearts.  My family was very honored that our home town, Tallulah, Louisiana, honored him during the 2012 Relay for Life.
I designed this t-shirt for all of our family & friends to wear to the Madison Parish Relay for Life in honor of my Daddy...
In Honor of my Daddy, Tommie Ervin ~ Aug. 23, 1934-Dec. 9, 2011

STAY CALM & WALK FOR A CANCER CURE!
Tiffany

9 comments:

  1. That was so sweet of Shari to make the charm!

    And Chuck's as tall as I am short, isn't he? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about your dad. My own father died just about a year before that. We never have them out of our hearts. There's just something about that father-daughter relationship that isn't replaced by anything else.

    Nice to have found your blog! Stop in some time.♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful story and a great tribute to your father.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tiffany , so glad I got to see photos of you and your family at the event! The t-shirts you designed for everyone are wonderful! It was so special that your town honored your Dad at this event. I am sure he was in the hearts of all on this day. I hope it was a huge success!!
    xo,
    ~Shari

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a generous friend! And what a great story! Thank you for sharing with us at TTF. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great honor, tribute and love for your dad!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shari is such a doll...and your tribute to your father is inspiring. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful friend. A inspirational story for everyone! Thanks for sharing on Simple & Sweet Fridays.


    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, Tiffany, that is a wonderful way to honor your Father. I'm so sorry you lost him to cancer.

    ReplyDelete