.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Gettin' My Crafty Christmas On...


 
 Now, the Cranky Queen loves Christmas...but, she typically puts off decorating until after Thanksgiving. She really is saddened by the fact that Thanksgiving is completely skipped by many...her turkeys still fill the royal castle with many gobbles, but she has started creating Christmas crafts. Her 1st DIY craft, pillows made from a vintage dish towel.
Easy as pumpkin pie~ Just cut, sew, stuff & add a little ric-rac & buttons.
 Check out this "Trash-Turn-Terrific" Window.  Yep, the Queen saved this cabinet door from a drive~by~ dump. Add garland (snagged at a yard sale), snow flakes & ribbon for $1 each & you've got a Ready To Hang Holiday Window that would make Scrooge tickled!
 
 This is my " Pinterest Twist " on a silverplate holiday wreath
 Started with a silver plate casserole dish stand, then added greenery, an adorable teapot & finished it off with crocheted ribbon, lace & pinecones.

Side View...If this little darlin' does not sale in The Cranky Queen's Booth, it will be hanging next to the castle doors this Christmas!
 I found this woodsy tray at a yard sale for $1 last week...the grapevine wreath was a freeby & pine cones, berries & burlap ribbon were already in the Queen's craft stash. Ready for the Lodge!
 CABIN FEVER stenciled on a shutter rung
 
 This star is made from old shutters that "have seen better days."  Hot glue & jute and wa~la, a Star is Born




Tiffany

7 comments:

  1. Tiffany...you sure are "getting your Christmas on." And it looks like you're having a ball doing it. :) I particularly like the cabinet door turned window wreath and the silver pieces are so fun to hanging like that with their Christmas greens.

    Wishing you An Extraordinary Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tiffany,

    I love the name of your blog, I think all us women feel like cranky queens at times! I say keep the tray and teapot hanging for your home.

    Hugs, Lynnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tiffany!

    So glad that you found our blog and are enjoying it. I love Christmas crafting so this post fit right in with my mood as of late :-) Vintage linens turned into pillow covers? Perfection! My house is decorated in what I like to call Rustic/Vintage/Shabby/Farmhouse so those covers along with that amazing wreath would fit right in. Love the star too but those Noel blow molds are what really caught my eye! I collect vintage blow molds but have not found any like that to add to my collection (yet).

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it all! I have a tray like that but in Christmas motif, what a great idea. Happy VTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have created some really nifty thrifty things! Thanks for joining TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just discovered your blog today & really love it. Your Christmas crafting is beautiful, the pillow from the vintage towel is my favorite. I have a Christmas tablecloth that looks very similar which I love. I wonder is there a possibility that you would offer subscribing by email as an option? Either way I'll be checking in, can't wait to see what else you come up with for Christmas. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tiffany! I LOVE your Christmas creations!

    ReplyDelete