.

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Initially Yours Swap

The Cranky Queen participated in a fun swap over at It's A Very Cherry World titled "Initially Yours Swap"...Basically, Sue assigned you a partner & you created a gift using the first initial of their name.  My swap partner was Trisha (initial T) over at the Glass Slippers & All Sorts of Stuff blog. I am anxiously awaiting my "T for Tiffany" creation by Trisha!
The Queen created a mixed media, altered art collage using a Paris~French theme
Dangling below was the script "T" decoupaged on a silver plate coaster adorned with vintage tatted lace & buttons
A closeup showing vintage ribbon, buttons, crocheted lace & a bit of bling!
The English translation is "A Lady's Glass Slipper:..I adorned the bottom with old buttons, rose hanky, turquoise fringe cut from an old bedspread, more crocheted pieces & torn paper from a French book
In the top left corner, I used an enamel earring, silk ribbon & an old postcard graphic of the Eiffel Tower.
I loved this image of the French lady with the dog.  Her coat is fab!
"If Only I Was In Paris...."
Trisha emailed me a list of the things that she loved...some were roses, turquoise/aqua, pink, white, French, Paris, vintage lace....I hope that she enjoys here piece of art as much as I enjoyed making it for her!

 If you have never participated in a swap, it is a lot of fun!  The hostess always gives you ample time to create whatever the swap theme is...Several swaps that the Cranky Queen is participating in are "an altered spoon swap" over at Tee's blog The Altered Paper and "a door hanger swap" over at Jeanie's blog All My Art. So, "live a little", "have some fun", "meet a new blog friend" & "join a swap!"

STAY CALM & ENTER A SWAP!

Saw this little French poodle painting at a B'ham restaurant...unfortunately, the manager did not know my "royal status" & would not sell it to the Cranky Queen! Some people just have no respect for royalty~LOL 

8 comments:

  1. What a fun idea and great way to get those creative juices flowing!!
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again The Queen outdid herself.....I'm thinking that piece was right up your royal alley! Very sweet! (Do we need to get you enrolled in Swapaholics Anonymous???) ;o) Smiles & Royal Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! so many great French details and they pair together SO well! how lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! Your swap piece turned out wonderful! Thank you for joining TTF and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute blog you have! It really took some creative thought to make this one possible. I am here from the blog hop from yesterday (I am sometimes a day late and if you read some of my blog you will understand). But I eventually make my way around. I am now a follower of your blog and would love a follow back when you have some free time. No big rush and this is a busy weekend, so take your time. Have a great weekend.

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sure like the vintage flare on this project. I also like the way you 'labeled' your family members, especially making the dogs royalty : ) I saw you on Follow Friday 40 and Over and decided to stop by. I am now following you. I hope you will stop by my blog and have a look around http://talesfrommyjournal.blogspot.com I can be found in facebook too http://www.facebook.com/DeniseMartin.LillaRose and twitter @DeniseLillaRose If you like/follow me there I will do the same for you. When you stop by my blog, please check out my kind of fashion (hair jewelry).

    ReplyDelete
  7. There may be a set of classic buy far cry 2 set up in the hype
    train.

    Feel free to visit my webpage ... far cry 2 mouse lag

    ReplyDelete